The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is accepting applications for the Global Digital News Frontier grant program (up to $20k).
They are asking women journalists to submit their innovative and original ideas for a “digital news media business concept”… any takers?
Deadline is November 30, 2010
See some FAQ’s below:
1. What is the purpose of the grant?
The Women Entrepreneurs in the Global Digital News Frontier grant program is designed to diversify the emerging digital news media landscape by expanding the voice and role of women entrepreneurs. In addition to financial support, grantees will receive ongoing technical/skills building assistance in the areas of business management, the news and digital media.
2. What is the award amount, and how is it funded?
The IWMF will award three $20,000 grants to women journalists who aspire to be new media entrepreneurs. This initiative is made possible by generous support from the Ford Foundation.
3. What are the application criteria?
• Applicants must be U.S.-based women journalists.
• Applicants must propose a new project that has not yet launched which will use digital media in innovative ways to deliver the news.
• Applicants must include a business plan that demonstrates sustainability.
• Applicants must demonstrate how projects further the role of women in the news media.
4. What is the application and selection timeline?
Applications will be accepted from October 15-November 30, 2010. Late applications will not be accepted. Winners will be notified on February 15, 2011, and will be formally announced at the IWMF’s International Conference for Women Media Leaders, to be held in Washington, DC March 22-25, 2011.
5. How do I apply?
Click here to access the application form. Please note that you must complete all required fields (denoted by red asterisks) to successfully submit your application. There is not an option to save an incomplete application and return to it later, so we strongly advise that you review the application questions below and prepare your responses BEFORE accessing the application form.